2018년 7월 6일 금요일

My Running Mantra

I guess you can call it my running mantra, but the saying that I repeat over and over as I run is this: Practice - practice is carrying and conducting oneself in solidarity; solidarity of course being the basis and foundation of social reason.

It's a very ancient phrase (or fragment to be precise) attributed to Heraclitus that I came across while reading Gadamer.

Thinking of practice in this way makes clear, for me at least, how logic is something that's common to all. It also highlights the tragic ignorance of many who seem to act as if it is something unique to them.

All of us Centians, by bounty posting and responding, are practicing at living, having fun and (in a small way now) making a living in the digital world where logic holds sway in the most definite way. So keep practicing, and Cent on👊

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기