2018년 7월 20일 금요일

Sandy Beaches

Seaside, Oregon is a slice of good ol' days America
I love the beach.

That's something I've never imagined myself saying. Despite frequent trips to New Jersey and Delaware beaches as a kid, I began to loathe the sand and the beach from high school onwards.

The reason seems absurd now, but I recall a sudden and all consuming hatred for sand sometime over the summer between 10th and 11th grade; specifically the uncomfortable feeling of being sandy. Especially sand shoes. They're the worst. Or so I thought.

Having just visited beaches in California and Oregon with my wife I can now unequivocally say I love everything about the beach. The inconveniences I remember now present themselves as delightful peculiarities. Everything feels slow - in a good way. And I guess I am now officially old.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기