2018년 4월 5일 목요일

Paul Graham & Cent

As long as I've been interested in tech I have heard the name Paul Graham.

Legendary LISP coder, OG startup founder, investor, yinzer, Y Combinator - the list goes on and on.

He is also a serious freaking writer. His essays are polished diamonds of piercingly clear thought.

But for as much as I read, I hadn't really read much of his corpus. That changed yesterday.

I am in the middle of reading all of the essays he has available on his site. There will definitely by a bunch that I re-read multiple times.

The following quote from an article of his I read yesterday has been turning over in my mind since I read it:

"Any startup that could be described as a marketplace usually has to start in a subset of the market, but this can work for other startups as well. It's always worth asking if there's a subset of the market in which you can get a critical mass of users quickly."

Since becoming a super user of Cent and then Centurion No.1 I have been thinking about who the other users are. Are they like me at all? In which way? Is that even a good thing?

I'm not sure if I am close to an answer; but if I had to say what I think a common similarity between users is today I would say: Most users seem to have a preference for the written word and probably have a very cerebral, privately extrovert/publicly introvert personality.

Otherwise it really seems like a global motley crew, which I think is a good thing.

Cent is still building out its toolkit, and I really think the smart contract for original content creators will end up driving significant growth amongst this user base. It for sure will increase my engagement even more.

I just hope there will be more people like me who want to take their writing, singing, talking or whatever talents over to this new, but still tiny corner of the future internet.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기