2018년 9월 2일 일요일

Ethnology & Ethology

Last night I wrapped up my first reading of Rene Girard's "Things Hidden Since the Foundation of The World" and I have a feeling that I'll be processing it for the rest of my life.

That's not to say it is super difficult to understand; on the contrary, what the book and Girard says is dead simple. He didn't seek to explain something new that he discovered, but rather he describes a re-discovery - what's been true, but hidden, since the foundation of the world.

I will have many more posts coming that will stem from this work and vein of thought, but today I will leave you with two terms that Girard refers to over and over in the book that he manages to bridge and cover with the truth that he clarifies: Ethnology & Ethology.

Ethnology is the branch of anthropology that compares and analyzes the characteristics of different peoples and the relationships between them.

Ethology is the scientific and objective study of animal behaviour, usually with a focus on behaviour under natural conditions, and viewing behaviour as an evolutionarily adaptive trait.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기