2018년 9월 28일 금요일

Online or Offline: Which life is more real?

On the plane the other day I listened to a fantastic podcast [here]. Two of my favorite thinkiers were having a fast-paced and far ranging conversation. And Chris Dixon said something to Fred Wilson at this one point in their talk that's really stuck with me.

"I think that at some point the world may see a majority shift to people rating the online world - their digital lives and digital possessions - as important or maybe more important than their offline lives." [poorly paraphrased by me]

Based on what I'm seeing in the early days of NFTs and combined with how much of life *can* be carried out with just a screen and airpods, I think that moment may be closer than many think.

I think I'm gonna post a related question on Cent. The questions and phrasing aren't 100% set so ping me if you have any imput.

  1. Which type of life is more important to you?
  2. Which one do you think is more important to most people today? 
  3. Do you think your response to question no.2 will change in the future? 
  4. If you think it will change, please explain why you believe that will be the case.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기