2018년 9월 17일 월요일

You v2.0

On the way back home last night after my run I saw this girl standing in the middle of the sidewalk across from our apartment.

She looked so upset. Broken even.

Her looks, by local standards, have probably made it tough to live in Korea. I assume she was probably just dumped.

For some reason my mind immediately went to this thought: She'd have a whole new life - she'd be a whole new person - if she moved to a Western country.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you don't like the game you're playing, fold your hand, get up and find somewhere where there are more people playing your game.

That's what I did when I couldn't bear the thought of taking another student loan out to pay the overpriced tuition of an education that wouldn't give me any extra benefits and dropped out to head to Asia.

Now I'm two languages richer, debt-free, and have my professional plate full of immensely rewarding work. And I have the most gorgeous, sexiest and smartest wife ever.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기