2018년 12월 16일 일요일

Pre-Holiday Buzz

[First published on Cent]

This Friday afternoon I'll fly home to see my family for the holidays.

My wife and I are stoked.

The flight tickets have been reserved (thank you company benefit), all the presents are wrapped except for my wife's since she already opened hers (h/t to @charlesx for the clutch reply to my gift idea post yesterday), so now all that's left is to get through this week and board the plane.

Since I'm from the East Coast heading home from Seoul is a proper slog. But not at Christmas.

I think it's the combination of flying (which I love), extended leave from my day job, the overall good vibes of Christmas, amazing food, and the awesome moments I know I'll spend with my family that give me a pre-holiday buzz just thinking about it all.

When the holidays come to an end though - as they inevitably must - and I am on the airport bus back to my apartment in Seoul from Incheon international airport, I always think back rather longingly to the pre-holiday buzz moments.

These moments before the big moments are just so valuable and special. So this year I want to really try and stay in the pre-holiday good vibes zone, and just enjoy the low key most underrated part of the holidays as much as I can🌲

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기