2018년 12월 2일 일요일

What Sets Cent Apart

[Also published on Cent]

Most people who know me - so, friends, wife, family, fellow Centians - know that I'm obsessed with Cent.

If I'm not on Cent, I'm most likely thinking about Cent big picture.

I love talking about Cent too. That's why I live for the daily Cent team calls each morning Monday through Friday.

Outside of those calls and weekend evenings when I'm out eating and drinking with my wife, the times when I can really talk about Cent with others have been pretty few and far between.

But I think that may be changing, finally.

Other users are starting to get as excited about Cent as I've been. Like really, really excited.

Out of this growing sub-group of Centians, I've actually had the opportunity to speak with a few of them on calls over zoom and Telegram.

Those calls have been happening more and more frequently and the discussions with those individuals have been awesome.

Outside of product suggestions (most of which are eerily similar with the planned updates on our internal product roadmap) I've particularly enjoyed hearing how others fundamentally see and think about Cent in the wider app landscape.

Talks with @Joel have been particularly inspiring.

I can't remember if he said it over a call I had with him last week or if it was a comment he made during his very entertaining Friday Drinking Show, but something he said about how thinks about Cent really helped crystalize my own thoughts on what truly sets Cent apart from other apps and platforms out there.

To paraphrase:

"Facebook is everyone you know in the real world.

Instagram is everyone you want to be or everything you want.

Twitter is every topic you're interested.

Cent is full of everyone who *really* gets you."

I'm still working through the phrasing to best express what I really mean, but that comes closest for now.

One of the consistently delightful experiences I've had using Cent is being able to really engage with other users and having those users not simply remember me, but remember what I said by quoting or paraphrasing me in their own posts and replies.

That isn't common. Not on the internet, and not even in the real world. But man is it invigorating and special.

Getting into a real discussion, or receiving real substantive feedback, or having another user really hit a homerun for you in terms of matching or exceeding your expectations - all of that is fuel for living thoughtfully and being creative.

I'm curious how all of you see Cent big picture. Let me know if anything I've said vibes with you, or if you have a better way of expressing what I want to say or just a different perspective all together.

P.S. Shoutout to @charlesx for the dope Telegram sticker. You are all kinds of talented.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기