2018년 11월 4일 일요일

Get Passionate About Something, Early

[Note: the following was first published on Cent here]

I really liked the post fellow Centian @Arnorth24 made yesterday.

Not only was it their very first bounty post on Cent (which is super dope in its own right, cuz circular crypto economy) but it reminded me of when I first got passionate about Cent and how that eventually led to me joining the Cent Team.

A little over a year ago I came across beta.cent.co, a little known site that had launched on mainnet a few months earlier. It had just been included in a list of notable new dApps in the must-read Token Economy newsletter. I was hooked from my first visit.

For the next few months leading up to Xmas I became a Cent power user. I was posting all the time, and even used some of my earnings to attach a few bounties to posts.

And then on the plane ride back to Korea from the states on New Years Day, I penned my first blog post about Cent. It was way too long, but it was super earnest and encapsulated my passion for Cent perfectly.

After I published that article I posted a bounty seeking suggestions from fellow Centians for how @max and @cameron could improve the site. And I emailed the two co-founders. A couple times. No response.

Nonetheless I continued to use Cent and write more about it. Then one day I penned a few fictionalized pieces detailing the future I imagined Cent potentially creating for its users. I sent another email with a link to the twenty or so articles I had written about Cent by then. And this time I got a response.

After a couple of calls with the two co-founders, I was offered the chance to join the team. We threw a few numbers around before agreeing on a figure. Then after making sure I could get paid in ETH, it was official: I was now a part of the best team in crypto.

As someone with a non-technical background who works a full time job in corporate HR for a major Korean conglomerate in Seoul, the path to working for a crypto startup wasn't an obvious one. Were it not for my passion that I channeled into writing about Cent (which I still do btw - this is my 114th time writing about Cent) I never would've had this opportunity.

So @Arnorth24, I know you're looking for some potential side hustles or part-time gigs. But if my case can be any example or help to you (and anyone like you), I hope that you find something new that not a lot of people have found (yet) that you can get really passionate about it. Then you just need to pursue the hell out of it.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기