2018년 11월 30일 금요일

곱창 & Homebrew

[Also published on Cent]

It's Friday evening and I'm on my way to meet my wife at one of our favorite 곱창 houses in Chungmuro, an old neighborhood tucked inside central Seoul that used to be the equivalent of an old Korean Hollywood when it was home to the Korean film industry back in the 60's.

For those who don't know, 곱창 is the small intestine of cows and in Korea we grill it on top of cast iron skillets until the intestine casing gets golden and crispy. It pairs sublimely with soju and happiness.

Anyways, as I am riding the Seoul metro I'm listening to the latest episode of Patrick O'Shaughnessy's always excellent podcast with guest Hunter Walker. For the third time.

Hunter Walker, formerly of Second Life, Google AdSense and then YouTube before co-founding the VC house of Homebrew, is thoughtful as hell. He's blowing my mind with insights into maker platforms that seem ready made for Cent.

Like I said, Hunter was an original member of the Second Life team, a massive online world started back in the early 2000s that lets users build economies around user created digital anything.

I know it's a stretch, but as I'm listening to them talk, Cent is seeming more and more like Second Life, just instead of an economy built around primitive solid geometry, Cent is building an economy with ideas and thoughtfulness.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기