2018년 11월 2일 금요일

Writing on Cent is Remembering Together

[Note: get paid to comment on this post on Cent here]

> Writing is remembering.

That is my favorite all time quote from my favorite blog, Fred Wilson's avc.com.

If you aren't familiar with Fred or his writing, he is a VC or venture capitalist (hence the name of his blog, avc) and he blogs everyday.

His writing is really good. It's clear and he shares valuable insights into investing and other things using great anecdotes taken from the companies he's invested in as well as his own life.

But I don't open up avc.com every morning just for Fred's writing - or even primarily because of it - for me it's all about the discussions that take place beneath the daily articles in the comment section.

Reading through the discussions and debates that crop up beneath Fred's articles is more than a diversion or entertainment. It's more like intellectual sustenance. In a way it's almost spiritual. It's food for my soul.

But I've also found that the more I consume the hungrier I grow for more *real* conversation. I want to engage in more discussions. I want more feedback. Way more than Twitter or Medium or Facebook or even my own daily blog has been or is capable of providing.

As a non-famous normie, though, there just hasn't been a way to get that kind of real thoughtful engagement easily or consistently.

And why should anyone - not just me or you - expect others to donate their valuable time? To listen to another perspective? Or understand a different side of an argument? Or listen to a new song? Or read today's blog entry? People just don't typically do that.

But what if you let people know that they could get paid if they read, listen or think deeper *and* engage with your blog, song or argument?

In the case of my daily blog, if I were to attach a bounty to incentivize readers to engage with my writing, my writing would still be remembering for me, but it would turn into a remembering together with others. That is powerful, especially if it's applied to other ideas and content.

So that is what I plan on doing. I'll post whatever is top of mind for me each day and attach a bounty so that you can get paid for engaging below the post. Until tomorrow yall.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기