2018년 5월 18일 금요일

Will Cent Make it out of Beta?

The other day on Cent a concerned user posted a bounty [here] asking if Cent will make it out of beta or not. In typical fashion I provided a deep but brief response.

As a comment on Cent and my feelings about its future, I think my response would hold up well on its own, so I'll leave it here for those who may not be active Centians. I've edited it lightly for clarity.

The Future of Cent

Yes, Cent will make it out of beta.

How do I know? I talk with Max & Cam every week and know a bit about their plans for Cent. They can fill in the details later. But I can assure you that some amazing updates are comming our way soon.

About Bounties

It's important to remember that a bounty is a tool that is attached to posts. Moreover, posts don't even need to be questions. I agree with other users and think that the content of posts is much more important than the bounty value that gets attached.

Regardless of whether a bounty is high or low, it is much more important for a post to be interesting and appeal to other users. Higher bounties don't necessarily mean more responses, and low bounties have attracted boatloads of really well written and sincere responses.

Users

Daily and monthly users on Cent continue to grow. The number of users who post bounties ebbs and flows. For my part, I have come up with a weekly bounty to crowdsource a list of the top items from the internet last week. We should think of more of these regular bounties.

Other Sites Similar to Cent

I've heard of sites like gitcoin, bounties network, earn, steemit and yours.org where some people are earning a bit of pocket crypto. Cent is different than all of those projects in that it isn't limited to coders like gitcoin or bounties network and the social network forming around it feels so much better than places like steemit or yours.org. I think Cent allows users to earn more money in less time as well (this may differ case by case for now though).

Personal Feelings on Cent

If it wasn't already clear, I am all in on Cent. I think Cent is the future. The community of Centians and the calibre of discussion - both in the responses to posts but also in the sub-comments of responses - are creating a ton of value on their own. Add to that, the growing number of users that are getting paid ETH is laying the groundwork for a future network of Centians that will be able to pay others and get paid for their creativity and time, from any place in the world at any time.

Cent on everyone.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기