2018년 8월 7일 화요일

Get You Some...Durian?

So this post is a bit out of the ordinary, but thanks to the fact that our Asa Pacific Region HR Manager 'P' is in Seoul visiting our corporate HQ, I've been able to procure some valuable intelligence.

Anyone who knows anything about South East Asia knows that a particular fruit causes a big stink amongst foreigners, but is considered somewhat of a local delicacy. 

Of course I'm talking about durians. And while I haven't had one, when I eventually do (and you best believe I will have it someday) I want to have the best. Luckily P is both a Singaporean Singaporean and a huge fan of durians so I asked her what's the best durian.

Turns out Mountain King durians are. And they aren't cheap at around $30 per kilo. They are also extremely rare and must be sought out (so if some rando near Clarke Quay says they have a Mountain King, chances are it's fake). I'll share one of the two places I was told one could procure this funky bitter delicacy: Serangoon.

Now stick that in your back pocket for when you're next in Singapore and head forth into the glorious day (or evening) ahead.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기