2018년 8월 6일 월요일

Not Giving a Fuck Quotient

All jobs come with some amount of bullshit.

That bullshit may come in the form of backward processes, limited R&R, poor leadership/teammates, or some combination of those elements.

For the sake of harmony and in the hopes that the bullshit may be improved, although many people will talk about the bullshit freely with co-workers of the same or lower rank, nearly everyone will avoid speaking directly with their senior managers about the bullshit.

In other words the 'not giving a fuck quotient' of most corporate white collar office employees is quite low. This is probably owing to the average employee's fear of getting fired for "saying something wrong."

But I'm on my way out of a job in a place where the bullshit is unusually shitty. And my 'not giving a fuck quotient' has gone from zero to 100. So I am being very honest with my senior managers about the state of the bullshit.

The surprising thing that shouldn't be surprising, is that many senior managers have been not only receptive, but deeply thankful to me for that level of uninhibited honesty. This is because I'm finally giving voice to frustrations they've been experiencing *too* but haven't been able to seriously address or discuss.

Which makes me think, maybe I should simply continue not giving a fuck, since that appears to actually be the antidote for bullshit.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기