2018년 8월 5일 일요일

Reddit vs. Cent

This month I'm focused on getting my Reddit comment karma up.

I'm doing this so my posts to r/ethereum stop getting auto-moderated...

Anyways, as I'm engaging more with Reddit I am noticing how dramatically different it actually is from Cent.

Mainly, from what I can tell, the type of comments that get up-voted the most on Reddit seem to be pithy little one liners, whereas on Cent thoughtful (i.e. civil and substantial) responses that are of a non-trivial length tend to get voted up and thus receive a share of the bounty.

Of course there are many, many thoughtful responses on Reddit too, but they don't seem to get up-voted as much as one would expect. Users can tell, and it seems to be discouraging.

The fact that thoughtful responses get up-voted basically 100% of the time on Cent is therefore quite remarkable, and should be viewed as one of it's greatest strengths.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기