2018년 3월 21일 수요일

Morning Rituals


Coffee is the common thread that runs through my early Monday through Friday mornings.

This isn't some regular cafe or coffee chain coffee though; I'm talking about hand-ground aeropressed coffee.

After I get out of the shower there is always 200g of beans waiting for me in the grinder.

After I grind those, my wife dumps the ground coffee into the aeropress tube before adding 200g more for me to grind for her cup later. Then she goes back to breaking up fruit for our light morning snack.

Precisely two minutes before I head out my wife pours piping hot water onto the ground coffee in the aeropress tube before giving it a brief stir.

I'm usually tying my shoes as she presses the rich, oily and grainy mixture through a paper filter and into a to-go paper cup.

We head out together and she passes my cup to me. I kiss her and then step into the lift and wave to her saying I will see her soon as the doors close.

Then I take a sip. And my day begins.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기