2018년 3월 25일 일요일

My Personal Voting Calculus

*This is the second in a series of how-to guides introducing and explaining some of the foundational features and functions of beta.cent.co*

Up Voting 

Although there really is no *one* way to vote, it may be useful to some if I share my own way of voting on Cent.

My voting is quite simple and is based on a 3-tiered quality based distribution schedule. Since there are a maximum of +3 up votes that can be given to any single response, my 3-tiers are: Excellent (+3), great (+2), and good (+1).

Only one post per bounty will receive +3 up votes from me. To ensure I have seen all responses, including late ones, I will usually wait to the last day of a bounty to give +3 votes - but sometimes the best answer is just obvious when you see it.

For great responses I try to keep a *soft cap* of 2 per bounty - but I will give +2 up votes to more than one response if they deserve it.

For *any* responses where the responder gave an original effort, they will receive a +1 up vote from me. Good jokes usually fall into this category for me.

Down Voting

Down voting consists of only two-levels for me: Bad (-1) and Copy/Paste (-3).

Responses that are simply responses for the sake of responses or that miss the point of the bounty are 'bad' to me.

Pure copy/paste jobs take zero effort and actually diminish the legitimacy of a site like Cent. As such they should be voted down to the fullest extent possible.

Conclusion

There is no 'right' way to vote. In fact I am sure there are other Centians who employ their own unique voting strategy when it comes to evaluating responses. I am super curious to hear what those strategies are.

I also know that many Centians seem to not understand the voting process and the important role it plays. Hopefully my posts from today and yesterday help clarify that.

Over the next few days I will be addressing various aspects related to bounty setting.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기