2018년 3월 5일 월요일

Great (Freelancing) Work Strategies

There was a perfect little HBR article the other day that distilled strategies of successful freelancers.

To ward off the ever looming threats of distraction and loneliness, successful freelancers cultivate "holding environments" or physical, social, and psychological spaces for their work based on "liberating connections."

Specific places, routines, purposes and people all help to free individuals up enough to give them the scope and mind space needed to bind themselves to their work.

As much as this report was focused on freelancers, the article also astutely mentioned that these factors can be extremely important for those working traditional jobs as well.

And based on my experience, that is absolutely true.

My workstation is always just so. I can pack and set it up in less than 30 minutes exactly how I like it - I just did it this morning.

I've already written about how important my habits and routines are to me here and here.

Helping to make things better for everyone - that is the ticking Swiss heart beat that keeps me focused on moving forward.

And my regular meetups: coffee mates, lunch mates, work mates, drinking mates, way back mates. I'm not sure I would have learned as much or been as happy and of steady mind had it not been for the people I work with and meet up with regularly.

It's a good read and a simple guide to leading a fulfilling and productive work life.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기