2018년 10월 22일 월요일

Discussion Poverty

There is a hunger within me, and perhaps many others, for discussion. To talk. To dialogue.

Podcasts have helped to temporarily satiate the pang that arises when I have no one I can *really* talk to about what I want to talk about. But there is something unfulfilling about only listening to others talk.

I could always try to reach out over whatever social network to my favorite podcaster - and I have - to let them know my thoughts on what I just heard them say, but, you know, unless you are a somebody, you aint getting a *real* reply let alone a chance to *really* talk about something. And I'm a nobody, so there you go.

There are exceptions, of course - there are always fucking exceptions - and while they may seem pretty "magical" and "special," they don't ever really ever help to quench that yearning for real, consistent conversation.

And thus I remain discussion poor.

Discussion poverty is super real. It's a problem that so many people besides me suffer from. The black sheep. The best mate-less chap. There are so many of us.

But things are changing, for me personally, but also for everyone who has felt like I do.

Luckily for me, I was able to get a seat front and center on the inside of a change that has begun to provide me with more chances to have more conversations with the dead ass dopest interlocutors I could ever have imagined.

That change is of course Cent specifically, but crypto more broadly. With Cent, my dream of being able to call up, on demand, my own personal cast of thoughtful commenters to my daily blog entries is finally nearly a reality. I've actually pretty much already been doing that, but with modified posts.

Through those regular posts I have already identified a few readers who really dig my writing, leave me comments on Twitter or Cent and share their thoughts with me on the regular (shout out to @BrianXV and @mohamedhayibor). There are other users on Cent that I'm able to get into regular chats with too, particularly below my BOTI bounty post each week.

And the result of it all is I feel richer. Richer in discussion. Richer in spirit. And I can't wait to share the wealth yall.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기