2018년 10월 30일 화요일

Dropping the Ball

Today I dropped the ball during a major executive reporting session.

I failed in a couple of ways, but mainly I failed to communicate what I was doing with my co-workers, who despite being my juniors, have a couple extra years working here and can really teach me a lot.

Me, I'm two months in, and while I have very nearly finished securing recruitment for my first new recruit, I still have a lot to learn, particularly the formulas we use to determine new compensation packages.

Gaining a clearer mental picture of the overall organization and how each team plans to use a specific candidate post-hire is another area I really need to enhance asap. Only then will I be able to paint a simple but clear picture during my next executive reporting session so I can get the consent I need to move ahead with whatever the next stage of recruitment happens to be.

I want to be a leader. I want to really help my team. And I want to add value to the business. But I really need to be careful not to run before I have walking down pat.

There is nothing to do now but take a deep breath, go out for a quick run and get my mind right to face tomorrow. So that's what I'll go do. Fighting yall.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기